We want to address the ongoing concerns over the current flu season and the COVID-19 virus. We understand the impact this is having across the map and we are committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees, clients and community members. Due to advisements by the State of Connecticut and the Governor, we are taking the precautionary steps for everyone’s safety.
We are postponing both of our March events; the St. Patrick’s Celebration with the Old Fiddler’s Cub and The Billy Pilgrim Band on Saturday, March 14th as well asthe Celtic Forest & Fairy/Grimm Psychic Bazaar on Sunday, March 15th. The Psyhic Bazaar will be rescheduled for Sunday, May 3rd and the St. Patrick’s Celebration date is TBA. As of right now, all other previously booked events for 2020 and weddings are scheduled as planned.
Along with the State of Connecticut, Tamarack will be taking additional steps to ensure the health and safety of our patrons as well as our employees that include, but not limited to:
• we are also encouraging more frequent hand washing by staff members.
• As always, we are asking that any employee who does not feel well stay home, or work from home, if possible.
• As an extra safety precaution, we have made surgical gloves available for all operational employees to wear while carrying out their daily duties.
• Increasing the number of hand sanitizers and making them readily available.
• Increasing surface wipe-downs in common areas and increased bathroom cleaning operations.
• Increasing fresh air inside the venue.
• We are encouraging all Delivery and Operational Teams follow the recommended safe, sanitary procedures.
As a consideration to your fellow patrons, we ask that our event attendees please follow the State of Connecticut recommended everyday preventive actions:
• Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
We are closely monitoring the CDC and World Health Organization for ongoing updates and will continue to adjust and advance our practices as recommended.
If you wish to connect with us directly we are more than happy to chat with you!
Valoree & John Longo
Congrats on your wedding plans! Now time to book a bachelor or bachelorette getaways with your closest pals! How about a laid-back, rustic retreat with fresh air, breathtaking landscapes fire pits, kayaking and cocktails or beers and s’mores!?
A weekend in the woods with your friends is especially attractive for those who prefer to forego the traditional nightclub festivities, but it’s also great for anyone who just wants to escape for some pre-nuptial bonding with their besties!
Explore the hiking paths within Pachaug State Forest or visit a local winery or brewery a few minutes away (full list here). Tamarack Lodge is the perfect getaway; situated on 28 acres of scenic, wooded grounds abutting Beach Pond Lake and filled with vintage charm, Instagram-worthy backdrops and a fun, Indie Glamping experience!
Some quotes originally from article in weddingchicks.com / some photos by Kim Payant Photography
Contact us about Bachelor and Bachelorette Getaway Packages now!
Totally fell in love, when we saw 100 Layer Cake’s post for Anne Sage’s Animal-Themed Baby Shower! Wouldn’t this be perfect in our Overlook Dining Room??
Designer Anne Sage painted it as an unexpected way to channel her wildcat baby shower theme across the venue. If you follow Anne, you probably know that she’s due with baby #1 in about a month. Read her tips for pulling off this modern animal theme while perusing Vanessa Tierney‘s photos below!