The Charity Challenge presents…
DOWN N’ DIRTY DASH 5K Conquer OBSTACLES, Crawl through MUG, Run the RUGGED TRAILS and Leap through FIRE for the RACE Of Your LIFE while supporting THREE great causes; Safe Futures, TriCircle, Inc, Easter Seals & Veterans Rally Point!
Sponsored by Mohegan Sun, On The Spot Catering and Tamarack Lodge
Registration and more Info: http://www.thecharitychallenge.net/
Registration and more Info: https://runsignup.com/Race/CT/Voluntown/CharityChallengeDownDirtyDash
Individual entry – $50 (Ages under 13 must be accompanied on the course by an 18+ adult) (Group discount – 5 registrations made together under a single payment will be eligible to a $5 discount per person)
Corporate entry – $1000 (Group of 30 participants)
Spectators – $5 (Kids 12 and under who are spectators are FREE and must be accompanied by an adult)
Parking at Tamarack – $10 per vehicle
Parking Shuttle – Free (to and from Voluntown Town Hall 115 Main Street, Voluntown, CT)
Individual participants who raise $1,500 or more in fundraiser donations before race day will be eligible to receive a refund of their original entry fee.
What is included with my entry?
When you register online, you will receive:
– A free tee shirt for the first 200 to register online.
– Finisher medal for the first 250 to finish in the top 5 of their wave.
– A $2.00 discount coupon toward clothing or merchandise will be given to any participant who brings a non-perishable food item, or new, unopened personal health/hygiene product for donation on the day of event (soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, dental floss, shaving cream, feminine products, diapers, wipes, moisturizing cream, triple antibiotic, etc.).
The FIRST 100 to REGISTER ONLINE receive a FREE LUNCH ticket courtesy of On the Spot Catering.
Food will be available for purchase on race day at the restaurant. Alcohol is only available to those of legal drinking age. IDs will be carefully checked.
Race day registration opens at: 8:30 am
First bus shuttle leaves at: 8:30 am (shuttle location TBA)
First wave starts at: 9:00 am.
Post race refreshments open at: 9:30 am
Last wave starts at: 4:30 pm
What should I bring on Race Day?
– A print of your online registration confirmation.
– $10/car cash for parking or confirmation of parking payment via this registration.
– Appropriate footwear is highly recommended! You will run parts of this 5K IN THE MUD, that is guaranteed!! From the start you will have to negotiate rugged trails, mud pits, obstacles and a leap through fire, before getting back to the finish at Tamarack Lodge!
– Spending money for food, drink, fire photos, apparel and merchandise.
– A change of clothes if you think you will feel too icky in your wet muddy ones – a secure gear storage space and a changing area will be made available on site.
Where will I be able to collect my race packet?
Packet pick-up will be made available throughout the day on site only and separated alphabetically, beginning one half hour prior to the first wave of the day. Packets will not be shipped to participants.
Your packet includes your race bib, corresponding timing chip, and t-shirt for the first 200 online registrants.
You’ll need your photo ID to pick up your packet as well as a signed and dated copy of your online registration confirmation which will also verify that you electronically signed the participant waiver. NO ONE RECEIVES THEIR RACE PACKET WITHOUT AN ID AND CONFIRMATION OF WAIVER ACCEPTANCE. To speed up check-
in on race day, remember to bring the online registration confirmation that will be sent to you via email. If you forget, we will have copies of the waiver form on site, in a separate area.
Picking up for a friend? Sorry but race bibs and chips may not be picked up by anyone but the participant. In order to pick up a friend’s t-shirt, please bring a copy of your friend’s photo ID and a signed letter from your friend stating permission to pick up materials on his or her behalf – yes, it is kind of like the permission slip you needed in school, from your parent or guardian, to take a different bus home!
Where will the post race party take place?
Music, food, drinks, the 50/50 raffle ticket sales, fire photo sales and festivities kick off at approximately 9:30 am, 30 minutes after the first wave begins near the bandshell at Tamarack Lodge.
Are spectators permitted at the event?
Entrance to The Charity Challenge party area will be open to spectators/non-participants. Each spectator 12 yrs and over will be required to pay an entry fee of $5. SO BRING LAWN CHAIRS AND BLANKETS, CARPOOL WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS…JUST GET THERE! Spectators under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Don’t want to pay for parking at Tamarack Lodge? A shuttle will be available all day from Voluntown Town Hall, 115 Main Street, Voluntown, CT. Cheering on Challengers and taking pictures is absolutely encouraged and there will be designated spectator areas.
HOWEVER, Please Note: Outside food and drink is prohibited. No pets allowed. Plenty of seating and tables will be available for public use, along with some awesome food and beverage choices for purchase.
Here is another thing we can’t really sugar coat – while there will be designated spectator areas, only registered participants, event staff and approved media will be allowed on the actual race course.