Do you provide catering or can I bring in my own?
You have the opportunity to hand-select a caterer that fits your style and your budget. Working with a caterer allows you to create custom menus that incorporate your ideas and the latest trends. We have a list of Approved and Preferred Caterers you can choose from. These caterers have worked with us often, and have demonstrated that they are committed to creating memorable experiences for our guests. While it is highly recommended that you utilize our Approved and Preferred Caterers – it’s not required. However, we do charge a $1,000 fee to verify the outside caterer falls within venue standards, licensed, insured and follow proper business practices (Licensed, copy of health record and overall rating, etc). Should any of these not be kosher then we will deny the outside caterer.
Apprpoved & Preferred Caterers
• Matthew’s Catering Company | matthewscatering.com | Penny or Lin | email@example.com | (860) 564-3543
• Rustic Boutique Catering | dinerustic.com | Charlene Rand | firstname.lastname@example.org | 860-394-9349
• Fire Works Catering | fireworkscatering.net | Chef Mark Garofalo | email@example.com | 401-831-9221
• Gourmet Galley Catering | gourmet-galley.com | Gina Barber | firstname.lastname@example.org | 413-344-5771
APPROVED & PREFERRED FOOD TRUCKS
• Uncle D’s Blazin BBQ, Brick&Basil Wood Fired Pizza Co., Woodfellas Pizza & Wings
represented by DWP Events | dwpevents.org | Deb White | White.email@example.com | 860-949-4073
*** This list is ongoing. Please inquire about full list of approved caterers.
Can I use Carry Out Catering Services?
For parties up to 50 guests, you can provide Carry Out Catering from Approved Carry Out Catering Services. Clients must sign a waiver of liability and only pre-packaged food will be allowed (Sealed packaging or FRESH carry out catering). We have a list of Approved Carry Out Catering Services from which you may choose from. In compliance with the Connecticut health department rules and regulations with regard to hygienic preparation of food, POTLUCK IS NOT PERMITTED.
If you choose Carry Out Catering Services, clients are required to supply all serving and warming equipment, disposable plates, cutlery and napkins. Tamarack staff does not assist with the setup or breakdown of Carry Out Catering food. Clients do not have access to kitchen facilities or cooking equipment onsite. Under no circumstances may clients bring in food prepared by anyone other than the approved catering services.
Apprpoved & Preferred Carry Out Catering Services
• Matthew’s Catering Company | https://matthewscatering.com
• McQuades Market | https://www.mcquadesmarket.com
• Panera Bread, Your Local Grocery Store that provides FRESH carry out catering
Do I need to purchase a bar package or can I have a Cash Bar?
If a client chooses Cash Bar or Consumption Bar, they are required to purchase the Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package which provides unlimited soft drinks, lemonade, cranberry juice, coffee and tea.
How long can I utilize the location we’ve chosen for our event?
The rental period is for a minimum of five hours. The five hours includes: 30 minutes for set up to 4 hours for the event, and 30 minutes for breakdown. Additional time may be purchased.
Do I have to clean the location after my event?
If you’ve hired a Professional Caterer, your caterer will clean the kitchen and clear the event location, and our cleaning service will come in and perform a thorough cleaning of the location after your event. Rental equipment can be kept onsite but must be picked up the day after your event. We cannot guarantee items will be locked overnight.
If you’ve chosen Carry Out Catering, you must follow the rules and regulations regarding cleaning responsibilities. All clients and caterers are required to fill out a checklist of closing duties and have TAMARACK LODGE sign off before leaving the premises.
How is liquor service handled?
• Alcohol may only be provided by TAMARACK LODGE. Alcohol may only be served by TAMARACK LODGE Staff.
• It is illegal for guests to supply their own alcohol.TAMARACK LODGE could lose their liquor license, so we are VERY SERIOUS about this RULE! If violated, penalty fees and shut down of the event may apply.
• Patrons are strictly prohibited from consuming alcohol not provided by TAMARACK LODGE during the event hours, including but not limited to; inside the venue, on the grounds, inside cars, inside cabins and the parking lot.
• Alcohol service must stop 30 minutes before the event end time, to ensure the safety of your guests.
• TAMARACK LODGE reserves the right to shut down the bar if over-consumption is witnessed.
What is the rental fee? How much do you charge per person?
We charge an hourly rate with a minimum of 5 hours or a flat rental rate for the rental of different locations. View our fees page for the breakdown of prices. The caterer you select will provide the linens, place settings and food. We have a list of Approved and Preferred Caterers so you can find one that best suits your style and budget. The packages and price per person for food is determined by the caterer you select.
What is included in the rental fee?
We have a limited supply of designated tables and chairs for use throughout the different locations, designated outdoor areas, parking and a parking attendant. We will work with you to design a floor plan, allowing you the flexibility to tailor the space to your event. Tamarack provides beverage
services and staffing for these. We add 20% on any beverage services and 7.35% tax to all invoices.
Is there a Service Fee on Food & Beverage?
A twenty percent (20%) service charge will be included in the final billing on all food, beverage and labor from Tamarack. The service charge covers wear and tear of our equipment, kitchen essentials, buffet décor, energy costs, liability insurance fees, and all necessary permits and other administrative expenses. Please note that the service charge is taxable based on Connecticut State Regulation and is not a gratuity for the personnel.
Do you charge Sales & Use Taxes on Food & Beverage?
As of October 2019, sales of meals and beverages are subject to tax at both the standard 6.35% rate and an additional 1% tax, for a total effective tax rate of 7.35% for meals.
Is the building air-conditioned? Commercial Kitchen? Parking? Restrooms?
Inside the Main Lodge, we are air-conditioned, have a full-service commercial kitchen (only for Professional Caterer use), sufficient parking, and most importantly, plenty of restrooms!
Is there someone from Tamarack available to help me plan my event?
Our staff is here and happy to help you along the way; we have hosted many events and know what works and what doesn’t. There will also be a Tamarack staff person during your event to take care of the building and assist your vendors.
Can I stay overnight at Tamarack?
Yes! We have various overnight accommodations available for you and your guests. Vintage Cabins, a Guest House, Campgrounds for to setup tents or park RVs and Campers. Please see more details and pricing listed on the Indie Glamping pages below.
Do I need Event Insurance?
• Any event over 50 guests at Tamarack is required to provide their own Event Insurance. What is event insurance? Insurance associated with events that covers and protects clients in several specific areas and such things as liquor liability and event cancellation.
• General Liability insurance protects a company and all parties involved in the event-the planner, venue, caterers, etc., for losses due to bodily injury or property damage caused by the insurer’s
employees or agents. Venues and agents will usually require liability for $1,000,000.
• Client must list Tamarack Lodge as additionally insured.
• Event Insurance can be purchased at Event Helper https://www.theeventhelper.com
What is required to book my event at Tamarack?
* A non-refundable $500 retainer fee and signed contract are required to reserve your date.
* Please add 7.35% Connecticut Sales Tax to All Prices.
What are requirements for payments?
* Non-Refundable Retainer Fee: $500 (excludes Exclusive Estate Package. Different retainer fee will apply.)
* Refundable Security Deposit: $250 (excludes Exclusive Packages. Different Refundable Security Deposit fee will be applied.)
** Refunded after the event if venue and grounds are left in the same condition as before the event. This will be returned to client within two weeks after event date. **
* Monthly Payments: A payment schedule will be organized with client for a TBD amount per month paid towards the total balance. Each payment is due on the 20th of each month. If payments are more than 7 days late, TAMARACK LODGE has the right to either charge a $100 late fee or to
cancel the event with no refunds on already made payments.
* Remaining balance due 2 weeks prior to event date.
Please note: We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, Cash, Bank Check and Money Order. We do not accept AMEX. There is a $40 fee for any checks returned from the bank.
• If a client cancels the event date, any payments made towards the balance are non-refundable. We’ve held this date “off limits” to anyone else that may have considered the date and now will have to find another person to book it.
• As of February 2020, any event over 50 guests are required to provide their own Event Insurance that protects clients in several areas such things as liquor liability and event cancellation.
• If in the future, the couple decides to reschedule, we would be happy to consider using that retainer fee towards another date, at the discretion of Tamarack Lodge.
• If the need arises to reschedule your event date for any reason, we must be notified in writing at least 90 days prior to the event.
• However, the non-refundable retainer fee is lost and an additional non-refundable retainer fee is required to secure a different date (there may be an incurrence of additional fees for the rescheduling of services).
• Furthermore, rescheduling a date must be within one year from the original date and is only available during open dates and times on the TAMARACK calendar.
• Finally, if the event is to be cancelled entirely, the above cancellation policies apply (see Payment Requirements).